The Met Food Pantry
The Met’s mission is to provide a place where the needy receive food assistance as well as support to get involved in activities that will assist them in growth towards a brighter tomorrow. By providing a pantry to the surrounding area we are able to assist our community with a “mini-market” style food pantry where clients can choose from of a variety of food and personal care items. Volunteers help to organize, schedule, collect, distribute, and ultimately serve the community on a weekly basis.
Recipients for the food pantry will apply to receive a minimum of 3-6 months of food assistance. They will shop for free food and other items every Saturday .If any applicant needs emergency food assistance at another time, they may contact The Met Church office and will be given additional food based on the current food pantry inventory.
STEP 1 - Call 817-379-4638 to make an appointment to fill out a Food Pantry Intake Form. (se hablo español)
STEP 2 - Qualify for Food Assistance (Proof of Income & ID requested)
Once you qualify for the Food Pantry:
STEP 3 - Pick up food on Saturdays during our Food Pantry hours (9am-1pm).
- Non Food Pantry members can “Walk-in” and receive food after completing the intake process.
- If you cannot come on a Saturday, please email email@example.com or call for a “take home” bag that will be prepared for you while food supplies are available.
- Participants will receive information regarding services, support and spiritual growth.
- Respect for Volunteers will be demonstrated at all times as well as respect for Food Pantry clients.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Food may not be sold – all food distributed is done so in good faith.
To print an application for food assistance: Click Here
Want to Volunteer:
When it comes to volunteering and service, your personality and your strengths play a major role in the types of activities you’ll enjoy most. We currently average 164 volunteers a month and we are always looking to increase our volunteer base to better support our community.
Dress comfortably with tennis shoes.
- Organizing and distributing cold items
- Distribution of items in Met Youth area
- Clean up
- Check-In counter (Spanish Speaker)
- Break-down boxes
- Grocery Cart runner
- Prayer Team
Friday Unloading: 9:30am-12:00pm
Saturday: 8:45-10:45am, 10:45am-12:45pm
VOLUNTEER AS A FAMILY:
We encourage families to volunteer together, but ask that only children 8 years and above are present. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Students from middle and high school are welcome to complete any school-required service hours.