Met Kids Volunteer Opportunities
KidsGreet Ministry – Volunteer team that provides a positive and Christ-like first impression of the children’s ministry. The volunteer time commitment allows you to attend the same service you serve. Kids Greet volunteers serve on one of the following schedules: A Team (1st and 3rd weekends), B Team (2nd and 4th weekends) or AB Team (every weekend).
- Registration – This team member joyfully ensures that the computer check-in process runs smoothly and efficiently for all families.
- Tour Guides – Friendly, outgoing team members who escort new families through the children’s ministry area, assist parents with lost tags and observer tags, and help facilitate flow of traffic in children’s area as needed.
- Greeter – Friendly, outgoing team member who greets every family and makes them feel welcomed to our children’s area.
- Door Monitor – Essential member of the KidsGreet team who provides security by ensuring that all people who enter the secure area have visible authorization.
To Get Involved with the Kids Greet Ministry, contact email@example.com.
Excite – This ministry serves all children from 6 weeks – 5 years old in a nurturing and caring environment that shows the children the “exciting” love of Christ. Excite volunteers serve on one of the following schedules: A Team (1st and 3rd weekends), B Team (2nd and 4th weekends) or AB Team (every weekend).
- Nursery – Team member who provides a loving and safe environment while cuddling babies, and playing with crawlers, walkers and toddlers.
- Pre–school – Team member who interacts with energetic preschoolers ages 3-5 by teaching lessons, participating in praise and worship and showing the love of Christ.
- Pre–school large group – Energetic and outgoing volunteers who perform in skits and puppet shows for preschoolers and leads praise and worship during large group time.
To Get Involved with the Excite Ministry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore – This ministry serves kids in Kindergarten - 2nd grade where they “explore” God’s love for them through the cross and learn that God is relational and desires a relationship with each of them.
Extreme – This ministry serves kids in 3rd – 5th grade where they develop an “extreme” love for Christ and desire to live in accordance with God’s will for their lives. The kids’ “extreme” love for Christ translates to their desire and willingness to spread the good news of Jesus.
BOTH Explore and Extreme ministries have the following opportunities to serve:
- Small group leader – Lead a group of students in efforts to connect them with Christ and one another in a variety of interactive ways (small group activities, games, etc.). Explore and Extreme volunteers serve on one of the following schedules: A Team (1st and 3rd weekends), B Team (2nd and 4th weekends) or AB Team (every weekend).
- Tech operator – Facilitate technical elements (lights, sound, video, etc.) for the Explore and Extreme ministry programs. The time commitment for this ministry is all weekend services on a once a month rotation basis.
- Worship leader – Lead students in a worship experience that is energetic, interactive, and contemporary. The time commitment for this ministry is all weekend services on a rotation basis.
- Worship band – Play an instrument in our high energy Met Kids worship experience. The time commitment for this ministry is all weekend services on a rotation basis.
To Get Involved with the Explore or Extreme Ministries, contact email@example.com.
Special Needs – A specially designed Saturday service ministry that is made up of trained volunteers who have a heart to serve alongside children that have mental and physical special needs.
- Shadow – Caring volunteer with a heart to shadow a special needs child one on one at the Saturday night service. The time commitment is one service a weekend on an A (1st and 3rd weekends), B (2nd and 4th weekends), or AB (every weekend) schedule.
To Get Involved with the Special Needs Ministry, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.